Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internal card reader problem ....

• Please log in to reply

Marinero

Marinero

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have the problem with 5.25" internal card reader All in one with 3 USB 2.0 ports and 3
Fire Wire ports, device has 4 USB cables with A type connection (3 black and 1 grey)
and 3 Fire wire cables for connection via external ports to computer. After connection of
USB cables system could not recognise card reader, but USB 2.0 ports are working
properly. In device manager I have Unknown device in Universal Serial Bus
controllers. Fire wire cables were not connected, because i have no any fire wire ports
on motherboard.
Card reader was supplied with driver disk contains following folders
AU6368
AU6369
AU9368
ND3260

Disk Monitor program is in folder ND3260, after installation no any changes with card
reader recognition.
Folder AU6369 contains file AM_Reader_Setup.exe but wile trying to install this
programm programm could not find the reader in system, and installation was aborted.
Folder AU6368 cntains Low Level Forndt software.
Folder AU9368contains AM_Reader_98Drv_Setup file.

System installed Win XP Prof +SP2.
Motherboard ASUS M2N.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Shouldn't need drivers for USB card-reader or additional USB ports under Win XP. Those on the CD are for Win 98SE which does need driver support. If device is no longer recognised, replace it with a new one or a new external one.