Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

coco123

coco123

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello,

I was hoping someone here could help me. I have my uncles computer because he has no clue on what he is doing on it. The reason i have it though is because When He aconnects to the internet and attempts to read his E-mail the internet windows just close, and it ends up backo n the desktop. I have had a scan through his internet options and they all seem configured fine. However at the moment i cannot tell you exactly what it is doing because he is on Wannado dial-up and At my house we are on NTL broadband so i cannot connect it up at my house. If their are any programs i can download and scan the computer then put a log on the forum so you could have a look at it, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot in advance.

Coco

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, coco123.

Do you suspect malware is the cause of the problem? If so, please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If not, what operating system does you uncle run?

What version of Outlook Express?

What version of Internet Explorer?

How long has the problem existed?

What might have happened on his system around the time the problem started?

coco123

coco123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you for your reply i will try the steps to cleaning it as soon as i get back in tonight i will keep you updated thank alot. Appreciated