Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Shutdowns

• Please log in to reply

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
yeah i found and removed it simply cause i didn't know what it was and everynow and then it would download or upload or do somthing that gave me alot of lag... could it have been sending info?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...and it was causing errors in the logs..what security apps do you have and do you keep them updated and run them regularly...

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
i have ad-aware, a-sqaured, avg (but it expired), spy-bot search and destroy and like Ccleaner but i don't like to use that too much cause it takes my cookies or w/e away lol, so i can't find sites as easily (nub yes i know :whistling:)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
this is the link to avg free it does not expire...here...might want to get it and update it ...will take several updates to get them all..keep updating it until it says there are no new updates...then scan your computer...

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
cool thanks :whistling:)

problem still doens't seem to be happening so it may be fixed but with my luck my computer will be hit by a meteor any time now

plo

plo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
SHIIIIIIIIIIT! its happening again

i've cleaned out comp, run scans etc, and it keeps randomly shutting down again :whistling:( any help please?