Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question on what spyware program was suggested by

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
In the pinned topic in the Malware forum, it only has "SUPERAntiSpywareEdition" as its only spyware (along with that AVG Anti Spyware one)

Will my computer be safe if I use those two, and also I use Spyware Blaster.

Does that mean I can delete AdAware SE Personal and Spybot?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Lavasoft's antispyware and Spybot are passive programs. They do not provide active protection. They depend on you to manually update and run them.

that said, they are excellent programs. They don't take up a lot of space and should be run on a semi annual basis (at the very least) to help you keep clean.

AVG antispyware offers active protection for a period of time. Unless you've registered it, then it expires after 30 days. When used in conjunction with a good AntiVirus program, it offers great protection.

as a testimonial, I use the above products on my system.

now, SUPERAntiSpywareEdition, is a new kid on the block. I honestly don't know much about it. I do know that there have been a handful of compatability issues reported when we help people clean up their systems.

Hope that helps.

kakofreak

kakofreak

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just install the free home edition of SuperAntispyware, and the same problem stills going.......It's just stuck....
.....Before runnig the program ...I unistall others.....

Matt L

Matt L

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Thanks for the opinions and suggestions. I decided to go with the combination of SUPERAntiSpyware and AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.