Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video skipping

• Please log in to reply

open6l

open6l

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

A few days ago my system started experiencing the EXACT same problem. I'd be watching an xvid movie or an x264 encode and all of a sudden it would randomly skip a few miliseconds forward. I don't recall installing or changing any of the config. My system is a duo2 e4300 running on an ASUS P5L-MX using the onboard soundmax sound through spdif. I've since wiped the machine clean - installed XP and the appropriate codecs (ffdshow, ac3filter, haali and coreavc) and in watching a transport stream today I noticed the problem again.. Reason I am posting is that initially I saw talk of the audigy but in my case I'm using only onboard soundmax audio through spdif and also using the onboard GMA950 intel video. My system has 1gb of 667mhz DDR2 (2x512 sticks). Very bizarre. This system is my main HTPC that I built last month and watched quite alot of HDDVD and xvid movies and tvshows and never had the problem until a few days ago. And like I said - nothing had changed in terms of drivers/hotfixes.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Sorry for the slow repsonse.

Have you tried updating your chipset drivers?