Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy & Paste in Word

• Please log in to reply

marjoriekw

marjoriekw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can copy and paste within a Word document and from a Notepad doc. to a Word doc. But when I select text from my e-mail or a Website and then go to a new Word doc., the cut-copy-paste icons and menu are grayed out.

Edited by marjoriekw, 19 May 2004 - 11:16 AM.

Advertisements

fishcatcher

fishcatcher

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Here is a program you may enjoy and it's FREE. I use it all the time. Just go to: http://techsmith.com...agitdefault.asp You'll be able to copy everything from text to an individual image and more. Hope this will help you get by.

marjoriekw

marjoriekw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm entering this again because I didn't enable email notification. I can copy & paste text within a Word document and from one Word doc. to another. But when I select text from a website or my email, and return to copy it into a Word doc., the paste command is grayed out. Thanks for any help.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you tried the keyboard shortcut? (CTRL+C to copy CTRL+V to paste)

P.S. I merged these topics <_<