Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation files of CA Security Center

• Please log in to reply

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi all,

i have HP Pavilion DV6113us notebook.

Few days back i had run system clean tool on my PC, wherein i had selected option to deleted sum set up files.

Since that day everytime i boot my machine it runs an installer program, which tries to install some CA Securuty Center Firewall Files (I have CA Security Centre installed as an antivirus package), however it tries to search for those files in temp folder, which does not have these files as i have previously deleted my temp folder.

kindly help me out in this, as this installer application keeps popping up every now n then..

pls help

Ashu

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to restore the computer to a date before the cleanup: start > program > accessories > system tools > system restore.

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
there is a CAPF.msi file is missing on my pc... which is still not found... i have tried restoring the pc but its not working... pls help

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I think you can find an explanation and solution in this link.

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi thanks for reply... unfortunately the problem still continues.. is there any other way i can get rid of this problem

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Have you tried to reinstall CA Security Center? I know that with Panda that if you accidently delete the files that are to remain in the Temp folder all I need to do is double click it's executable and it will offer a repair option.

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thanks...pls tell me what shall i do if do not have setup files of CA int security package... r these files stored anywhere on the sys....

my PC has gone into the loop of windows installer.. its not going at all. \and not allowing me to install / uninstall anything...

-K-

-K-

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Ashutosh,

This problem occurs if the .MSI file goes missing or corrupt. And when this happens, the Windows Installer service of Windows Operating system tries to repair the file by going to the original location and replacing the file. And that's when, you get the popup asking you to enter
the location from where it can copy the CAPF.msi file.

Go and download this file which is an automated tool for removing the CA Personal Firewall. Just remember that you have to run this program from the Safe Mode and in no other mode:

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/test/Divet.1.321C02.zip

Once you are done, restart the computer back to Normal mode and click on this link to download the CA Personal Firewall:
http://xrl.us/vhpv

Let us know the results...

-K-

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi thanks for ur reply... the compressed file which u hve sent is p/w protected.. pls help in this regard..

ashu

-K-

-K-

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The password is : cafwuninstall

Advertisements

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
hey thanks !!!!!!!!!

its working out gr8... i followed the steps suggested and its actually working..

thnaks agin..
ashu!!!!!

-K-

-K-

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Nice to hear that Ashutosh! Let us know if you have any other issues...

-K-

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok.... tc

SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher

• Pip
  • 3 posts

hey thanks !!!!!!!!!

its working out gr8... i followed the steps suggested and its actually working..

thnaks agin..
ashu!!!!!

Ash... when you say that you followed the steps suggested, what steps were you referring to? I am having the same problem with CA Firewall and the Windows Installer going bezerk looking for the CAPF.msi file that doesn't exist! Now, when I ran the divet.exe program in Safe Mode, it only took a few seconds and a pop-up windows said the unistallation was complete. Is that what happened when you did it as well? As suggested, I then rebooted in normal mode and tried to re-install CA firewall using the link from ealier in the thread but I don't think anything is happening. The is a CA Firewall program running in my taskbar, but when I try to maximize it nothing happens. Same for you...? Please help if you can. Thanx!

SkullKrusher

-K-

-K-

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Welcome to Geekstogo SkullKrusher!!

First of all... yes, the Divet tool will only display a message saying the uninstallation is succesfull.
You said, you have downloaded and installed the CA Personal Firewall from the download link.

Did you get any error messages during the installation or after the installation ?

-K-