Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation files of CA Security Center

• Please log in to reply

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
no it didnt give any error message

Advertisements

SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanx for the greetings... the forums look like a pretty cool place and everyone seems pretty knowledgeable and friendly. I wish that I didn't have to be here though... 'cuz that would mean no problems... LOL! Yeah, right!

Alright here is the next installment in SkullKrusher's saga of CA Firewall vs. The Windows Installer. In this chapter we introduce a new villian, the CA Firewall popup!

Late 1 April 2007: Once I tried to reinstall CA Firewall I had something peculiar happen. A CA Firewall window kept appearing. It would ask if I wanted to enable windows firewall. If I clicked yes, it would disappear and then reappear asking me if I wanted to disable windows firewall. If I initially clicked no, I didn't want to enable windows firewall, it would reappear asking me if I wanted to enable windows firewall. Ahhhhhh...it was a vicious cirlcle I tell ya! The good thing is that I think that annoying windows installer popup is gone... I think. I also removed the two KB's from the windows updater that was mentioned earlier in the the thread, so that probably helped as well.

Okay... so now what? Can I even install this CA Firewall, or am I hosed? Can I stop CA Firewall from asking me to enable/disable windows firewall? Will I get that *@#!$%@ windows installer popup to rear it's ugly head again (I hope not)?

After my endless loop with the CA Firewall popup I haven't even tried to see if the CA Firewall was operating or not. I'm not even sure that the CA Firewall is even installed (edited - it isn't). I'm kinda fearful of opening the security center or worse yet, the firewall itself! Maybe, with a little help from the forum and some liquid courage, I'll attempt it again tonight.

And thanks for eveyone's help... I sincerely appreciate it.

Edited by SkullKrusher, 02 April 2007 - 07:32 PM.

Gypsy601

Gypsy601

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Ashutosh,

This problem occurs if the .MSI file goes missing or corrupt. And when this happens, the Windows Installer service of Windows Operating system tries to repair the file by going to the original location and replacing the file. And that's when, you get the popup asking you to enter
the location from where it can copy the CAPF.msi file.

Go and download this file which is an automated tool for removing the CA Personal Firewall. Just remember that you have to run this program from the Safe Mode and in no other mode:

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/test/Divet.1.321C02.zip

Once you are done, restart the computer back to Normal mode and click on this link to download the CA Personal Firewall:
http://xrl.us/vhpv

Let us know the results...

-K-

I'm working on the same frustrating problem. I tried to link to your zip file, but was unable to open it.
Gypsy601Still can't open zip file link. Help please!
Gyspy601

vipul

vipul

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Welcome to Geekstogo SkullKrusher!!

First of all... yes, the Divet tool will only display a message saying the uninstallation is succesfull.
You said, you have downloaded and installed the CA Personal Firewall from the download link.

Did you get any error messages during the installation or after the installation ?

-K-

I need the Divet tool. I also have the same problem. Please help.

namar

namar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Ashutosh,

This problem occurs if the .MSI file goes missing or corrupt. And when this happens, the Windows Installer service of Windows Operating system tries to repair the file by going to the original location and replacing the file. And that's when, you get the popup asking you to enter
the location from where it can copy the CAPF.msi file.

Go and download this file which is an automated tool for removing the CA Personal Firewall. Just remember that you have to run this program from the Safe Mode and in no other mode:

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/test/Divet.1.321C02.zip

Once you are done, restart the computer back to Normal mode and click on this link to download the CA Personal Firewall:
http://xrl.us/vhpv

Let us know the results...

-K-

Hi...even I am having the same problem and when i tried to click on this link...
ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/test/Divet.1.321C02.zip ,it's not accessible...

please help me

silvam032

silvam032

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help I have the same problem w\CAPF msi file missing.I tried to download divet tool but I couldn't connect. It has check connection. it say connection ok.stil can't connect now what?????????