Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Before I do my Re-Install Of XP, is The Windows Genuine

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I have Windows XP, installed the Windows Genuine program, but my computer needs to be re-installed to fix a bunch of errors with all my applications. Now when Windows XP gets reinstalled, everything on the computer right now is going to be deleted. And once I Install Windows XP again, and run the updates, is it going to mistaken me for a counterfeit since its the second time Im going to validate it with the same Serial# ?

:whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no...if the OS you have IS valid it will show up as valid when you re activate it...depending on how many times you've reactivated...you may have to call MS to activate the OS again...if this is the case...just explain that you did a clean install and they will validate for you

FCCAGut

FCCAGut

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
If it says OEM on the disk, if it does contact MS to validate it.