Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG Free install on Redhat help!

• Please log in to reply

vettegofast

vettegofast

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey guys,

Im trying to install AVG free 7.5 on Redhat Enterprise 4 running on a dell server. I have installed the RPM package and i see the icon in the list, but when I click on it i do not get the GUI. I also dont have any icon in the systray. Please help!

Moved to All Other Operating Systems Forum

Edited by Fenor, 26 March 2007 - 05:15 PM.

Advertisements

ThPenguinsRComin

ThPenguinsRComin

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Try running the following command from your terminal:

sudo /opt/grisoft/avggui/bin/avggui_update_licinfo.sh

Then fill in your name and company (or something of the like) when it asks for them. Then try to run AVG again.

Edited by ThPenguinsRComin, 26 March 2007 - 07:42 PM.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
This may or may not help. I tried to install AVG Free Edition on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server and it refused because I was running server software. Although I was not using it for business it assumed so. I ended up purchasing the AVG File Server Edition.
I wish you the best of luck.