Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 6, mozilla, weatherbug wont work..internet prob?

• Please log in to reply

newbie1337

newbie1337

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Obviously i am working from my brothers computer....So..

The problem with my computer is that I cannot connect to the internet via IE or Mozilla or Weatherbug wont connect, even though my router and modem say that I am connected. My brothers computer, this which I am on, runs through the same router, and voila, I can go on the internet. The error message that I see in the progress bar on my "the page Cannot be displayed" is as follows:

res://C:\windoes\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm

All I know is that my sister was fooling with the User Accounts and the "change the way users log on or off". I don't know if this could of screwed anything up, because she was changing it from the Welcome Screen to the old version with the log in and password screen.

I use Windows XP and I will provide anymore info that you need. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi newbie1337!

Please go to START-->RUN and type cmd. In the new window that appears, type in ipconfig /all and hit ENTER. Some information will show on the screen. Please tell me the information for IP ADDRESS and DNS SERVER in your reply.

Fenor