Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with...sound?

• Please log in to reply

Max321

Max321

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Ooookay i'm not sure i'll be able to explain this very clearly but here is it anyway. I just bought a new motherboard for my computer ( Asrock P4i65G). The problem is that with it came a new sound card (duh XD),and for an unknown reason,i can't listen to music now. Whenever i start a song,things goes well for a minute or two and after that it sounds like GWOUFFOWUIEFOI 8-) Well...okay XD After that,i said to myself...the sound card driver must have a problem,so i took the motherboard CD and installed the audio driver...and it still does it...

I know this is very unclear but..that's all i can do..

Thanks^^'

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Some similar problems to look at and get an idea what to do. They helped me.

http://forums.majorg...ealtek no sound

http://www.softwaret...d-problems.html

Max321

Max321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Well the problem is not that i have no sound,it is that things work correctly for about 2 minutes,and after that it begins to...grish? I'm not sure of the english word used to describe that...but it just becomes totally distorted...I just don't know what to do...

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If I understand correctly then the sound card is integrated into the motherboard and you installed the audio driver from the drivers cd that you got with the motherboard.

First I suggest that you download and install the audio driver from the internet site of AsRock. Try to play music.

If this doesn't help then check for a hardware problem. Download BurnIn Test from here. Install it and run a test. It's a trial version free for 30 days and enables 15 minutes of hardware scan. Not very long but might discover problems in your sound card or other hardware.

Max321

Max321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Problem solved,unistalled and reinstalled the driver ^^' How good it is to listen to music again XD

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know.