Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why even run Linux?

• Please log in to reply

trucker

trucker

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
i think whats happened here is they didnt know what they were trying to do ubuntu will run off live cd as with alot of linux distro's. ive put xubuntu on a 233 pen with 160 MB of ram. it ran just a bit slugglish so i changed to puppy 2.17 that ran like wildfire. another good one is called feather live cd. it also runs very fast to on old pc's.
this pc is running a core2 with 4 gigs of ram and it has ubuntu gusty gibbins installed in it. i really like this one its very easy to use ive gotten all the software i need for what i do free. there's no defrag every week no antivirus running.

linux has changed alot i dont know how to use line command for whatever there used for and so far havnt had to. apts are installed alot like windows. so do a little reading and i think u will find linux has alot to offer

Advertisements