Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobo with best integrated graphics

• Please log in to reply

pras92003

pras92003

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi guys.I want to purchase mobo tat's having best integrated gfx for gaming.I m gonna purchase intel core 2 duo 2.8ghz processor.But i'm really confused bout mobo.Sum say intel d101/02 having integrated ati gfx is gud,sum say intel 945.I've heard intel 965G is gud and AMD mobo's also.Wat i really want is a mobo tat can run most of the games,without the help of external gfx card.Cos i can't purchase gfx due to cash crunch rit now,but will surely upgrade the system later.Also plz suggest mobo having maximum pixel shader support.

Edited by Fenor, 27 March 2007 - 04:12 AM.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Overall most of onboard graphics are the same. The best would be to get a Mobo that has an Nvidia or ATI chipset. For gaming I can promise you that you will not be satisfied, as it probably won't eve handle most your games. So my best bet would be to get a cheap motherboard with a PCI-E 16x slot so you can upgrade later on while you already saved some money.

pras92003

pras92003

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Ya u r absolutely rit.I know thd name of only one mobo having ati gfx tat's intel d101/02 chipset.Can u please name a few mobo's other than this having ati or nvidia gfx integrated chipset.Plz suggest me few more names

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Hi guys.I want to purchase mobo tat's having best integrated gfx for gaming.I m gonna purchase intel core 2 duo 2.8ghz processor.But i'm really confused bout mobo.Sum say intel d101/02 having integrated ati gfx is gud,sum say intel 945.I've heard intel 965G is gud and AMD mobo's also.Wat i really want is a mobo tat can run most of the games,without the help of external gfx card.Cos i can't purchase gfx due to cash crunch rit now,but will surely upgrade the system later.Also plz suggest mobo having maximum pixel shader support.

Intel onboard graphics is quite possibly the worst one you could go for. These are cheap nasty pieces of garbage that play next to nothing.
Other graphics setups (such as S3, which is quite common) may let you play, but the games will look like mush.
Some newer boards have integrated onboard NVidia 6100 graphics now. These are far better, but again are rubbish when you compare them to systems with a separate graphics card.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
My mobo has nVidia 6100 onboard and in short, it sucks for gaming. I could just about play HL2 at lowest settings whilst getting around 15fps.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
It all really depends on your budget. Because I tried looking and most the Nvidia chipsets are over a $100. So let me know you're maximum price and I'll find you a good match.

pras92003

pras92003

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I know önboard gfx sucks but i'll be able to purchase gfx only after 4-5 months.So for the time being i want to get the best mobo.And thnx SOORENA 4 ur reply.My budget is 150$.Plz suggest the best mobo.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I would gladly find you the best motherboard for the price but I'm having trouble finding any for that CPU the LGA775 socket type, although there are hundreds for the AM2 socket which I would probably prefer more than the Intel.. The AMD X2 processors are very good, and in the future when Quad-Cores come out that type of motherboard will support it. Let me know if you still want to go with Intel. I think you meant you're getting a Pentium D 2.8 Ghz, and if so then the AMD X2 will blow those away.

Edited by SOORENA, 28 March 2007 - 06:23 AM.

pras92003

pras92003

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
On second thought i think AMD x2 is a lot better than pentium D.I'll go 4 X2 only.But plz suggest me mobo having integrated nvidia 6100 chipset.I thinks tat's da best available in market.Intel is not important it can be AMD or any other.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Here THIS is a very good motherboard. I don't know what type of ram you have cause this mobo only supports DDR2.

THIS is also a good motherboard with more memory options.