Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Pirated XP Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi Everyone,

My cousins recently got a pirated XP version for their Compaq computer. It orginally ran on a windows 98 program. Unfortunately, they are coming across a lot of problems. They can only sometimes get onto the internet (they have DSL connection). Sometimes, this error message comes up that says the computer will shut down in 60 seconds. I found the restore CD but it doesnt seem to work, so I don't know if I should suggest them getting a tech to fix it or if there is something one of you can offer to help us with this problem. Thanks a lot.

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
welcome to geekstogo
I do not think that it is in the best interest of geekstogo to give support on pirated windows XP I will Pm Admin on this and he will make the call on this.

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,491 posts
Most of the problems are because Windows Update won't run unless it's a legitimate copy of XP. An unpatched version of XP is vulnerable to many kinds of attacks.

This sites Terms of Service prevent us from supporting illegal software. The best option is to purchase a legitimate copy and perform a repair installation:

Topic closed.