Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new Mobo

• Please log in to reply

bluntknife

bluntknife

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
as the title says i am looking inot buting a new motherboard for my dell dimension 1100, i have picked out this one and was wondering if anyone can give me some feed back on it. i would aslo like to know if my existing processor will work with it. (if need more info just ask)

mobo - http://www.ebuyer.co.../product/114746

if not any good could anyone surgest a alternative at around 30 quid

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Dell 1100, according to Google, takes socket 478 so that board won't work. If this is the case, this one will do:
http://www.ebuyer.co.../product/119412

Bottom line in this situation is, anything you buy will be better than the board that your Dell machine came with. Dell make the boards themselves and they're essentially rubbish.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Let me guess you can't upgrade the graphics card? I had the same problem with an MDG pc, it came with onboard graphics and no AGP slot. Although you might have other reasons for changing it, just guessing.

bluntknife

bluntknife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok thanks foir info.

i thought the first boad would work becasue i found infomation that the intel celeron D processor my comp has was a &&% socket, i just use PCwizard to complie a report on my comp if you wish i could email a copy to you.

and yes my old board does not have a agp or pci-e slot so i need a new board for later upgrades

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Paste a condensed copy of the PC Wizard report. Please don't paste the entire report. All we need to know is the bits about the processor, in particular its socket type and then we'll take it from there.

bluntknife

bluntknife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok

quick summary of processor:

Intel Celeron D 335J

General Information
Type : Intel Celeron D
Internal Specification : Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.80GHz
Model Number : 335J (estimated)