Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New system won't work

• Please log in to reply

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I finally got my new system together and it doesn't work. The Motherboard comes on, all the LED lights and fans turn on. The DVD drive works. But that's it. I get a blank screen. No Bios. Nothing. My onboard LED says F7 which according to the EVGA site is POST error check. How do I fix this?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Follow standard procedure.

Ensure graphics card has its own power connector plugged in if appropriate.
Reset the CMOS.
Take all the memory out, power up with no memory, should beep at you.
Unplug everything from the board and use a screwdriver to short the power connector to power on the system.
Use new power supply with at least 400w.
If board doesn't have onboard graphics, remove graphics card. System should complain, otherwise it will default back to the onboard graphics.
Remove all PCI cards, in particular modems, dial-up or otherwise. These can cause conflicts.
Check the obvious - processor inserted the wrong way round? AMDs are keyed and use a little arrow, but its still possible to put it in the wrong way round.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
This might sound stupid but I have forgot to plug the 4 pin power connector before and trust me nothing happens if thats not plugged so make sure that is plugged in. Its usually Yellow and Black.

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
After a few hours of messing around with it I successfully got everything running. I am now having a problem with my screen resolution. I don't know what section to make a topic in. I'll make it in the Vista section.

Edited by Gamerlicious, 27 March 2007 - 10:05 PM.