Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dont understand the speed of my processor

• Please log in to reply

fortuitous

fortuitous

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there, here is the spec of my PC

CPU Type ::: AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 3800+
Motherboard Name::: MSI K9N Ultra (MS-7250 v2) (3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN):::
Motherboard Chipset ::: nVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra, AMD Hammer
Video Adapter ::: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512 MB)
3D Accelerator ::: nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
RAM ::: 1GB DDR2 533MHz PC2-4200 240pin
Disk Drive ::: Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

on the site http://www.systemrequirementslab.com it says this about my processor: "You Have: 2.41 GHz Performance Rated at 3.80 GHz" does this mean my cpu is being over clocked or something, please could someone explain this to me. many thanks

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
that site seems messed up, it told me i have 502mb ram (i have 1gig) says i ihave a 64mb vid card (i have 128mb)

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It has to do with the way AMD rates their processors. They have a more effective way of tasking that makes the processor run programs faster than a comparable Intel machine. You can find out more at the AMD website.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and get everest home...install it a and click on motherboard ..then click on CPU...get a screenshot and post it back here...

Edited by happyrck, 27 March 2007 - 07:29 PM.