Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ultimate PC **UPDATED**

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well my uncle is a very wealthy man. He all the sudden just started to play Battlefield 2, Battefield 2142, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. So he called me up and told me to build him the best gaming PC I could make. Price is really no limit. This is what I came up with. Let me know if everything would work with like everythin fitting and so on and so forth.

CASE: CoolerMaster Mystique 632 Tower 420W Case (Black Color)
POWER SUPPLY UPGRADE: Thermaltake ToughPower 850 Watt Power Supply - NVIDIA GTX 8800 Certified
COOLING: Monsoon II Lite CLT-M2LI LGA775 CPU Air Conditioner Cooling System
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo X6800 Extreme Edition @ 2.93GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T
NETWORK: Killer M1 10/100/1000 Gigabit High Speed Online Gaming PCI Network Interface Card
MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core Supports) Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)4GB (4x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Mushkin Xtreme w/ Heat Spreader)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express (XFX Extreme Edition Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express (XFX Extreme Edition Powered by NVIDIA)
PHYSICS PROCESSING UNIT: ASUS PhysX P1 Card powered by AGEIA PhysX processor 128MB PCI Card
MONITOR: Samsung 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel TFT-LCD Monitor
HARD DRIVE: Extreme Performance (RAID-0) with 4 Identical Hard Drives (600GB (150GBx4) Gaming Western Digital Rapter 10, 000RPM SATA150 16MB Cache WD1500ADFD)
Data Hard Drive: 1.5TB (750GBx2) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
Optical Drive: LiteOn LH-20A1H 20X Double Layer DVD+-RW Super Allwrite + Lightscribe Technology (Black Color)
Optical Drive 2: SONY 16X DVD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: Creative Labs X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro 24-BIT PCI Sound Card

Edited by MoNsTeReNeRgY22, 04 April 2007 - 10:40 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
looks like a kickin system...just throw in a couple 120 MM case fans ...1 up front blowing into the case over the hard drives...1 on the back blowing out of the case...pick them by CFM ...and dB...good ones here ...there are others ...good luck with your build...

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Dude!!!! That thing is flyin!! It's a really good system! Make sure you get good airflow going through. By the way why not go with a quad coreand possibly a blue ray?

Edited by SOORENA, 27 March 2007 - 09:02 PM.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Dude!!!! That thing is flyin!! It's a really good system! Make sure you get good airflow going through. By the way why not go with a quad coreand possibly a blue ray?

also, is that monsoon air condtioner any good????

how is this for a new CPU
Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 with Factory OverClocked to 3.46GHz EM64T

and the differnt drive
LiteOn LH-2B1S (BLACK) 2X Blu-Ray (25GB Storage) Rewritable SATA Internal Drive

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
:blink: WOW :whistling:

Thats crazy...Now about this uncle :help:

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
OH MAN!!! IT just hit me!!!! My one dream!!! GET A WATERCOOLING SYSTEM!!! The best one! I'll help you with that if you want.

Edited by SOORENA, 28 March 2007 - 05:33 PM.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Hows this??
CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System
http://www.shopping....PU-Water-Cooler

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Are you kidding thats only if you're water cooling like a Celeron or somethin man, Try these

Zalman Reserator Plus 1

Zalman Reserator 2

Their both amazing. Just choose the one you like.

ooh one more thing, you'll need an additional GPU waterblock cause you have 2 G-Cards.

Heres a good one:

GPU Waterblock

by the way, can you tell us in the end how much this all costs so we could all weep cause we could never afford it?

Edited by SOORENA, 28 March 2007 - 09:51 PM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Get the core 2 duo. That thing will be crazy!!

I want that 8800 by the way :whistling:

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
if your going to go watercooling, you should go with the watercooling 8800GTX, it doesnt help if you cant use the watercooling to cool down the two most important parts.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814143085

one of the most expensive video cards you can find. ;-)

Advertisements

Dryfter

Dryfter

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I would agree with the card above. If you are going to go with water cooling make sure you get a good case for it. I have a Silverstone TJ-09 and I can't fit any of my rad's inside without doing some serious modifications. Also, check out www.frozencpu.com for watercooling parts.

Just to give you an idea
I had water cooling on my server before I got my new rig (specs are in sig, the only difference is I was running 7800GTX's in SLI).
CPU Overclocked @ 2.2: 35C idle 42C load
GPU1: 45 idle 50 load
GPU2: 47 idle 54 load
Water components:
MCP655 Pump
Swiftech Apogee Extreme CPU block
Swiftech MCW60 x2
2x 120 Radiators
dual floppy drive Resevoir

Thats just to give you a compairson if you decide to go with watercooling. If you need any help, I loved installing mine. I can't wait till I get my case built so I can put back in my water cooling. only this time I'm adding a dual 120 radiator to the loop and i only have one gpu to cool.

I would also stay away from peltiers, they do give you lower temps. but sometime you can get condensation build up. and thats not good around electricity.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well I just ordered it and I ordered Zalman Reserator Plus 1 with it. Im setting it up tomorow and I will let you guys know how it runs!!! :whistling:

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
sweet, what was the final cost?

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
It came out to about 8200 dollars. I also might get that pc in a month!!!!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Umm, you did order an OS.....right? :blink:

If you can cancel the killer network card do so, it's all marketing hype with nothing to prove itself. It's been proven that this card will actually have less FPS comapred to other leading, yet cheaper network cards, when it has it's gains they are so small that they aren't really worth noting. Overall cancel the network card if you can, since its cost doesn't show performance, if you can't or choice not to, doesn't seem like anyone will be out anything with a build that massive.
Also you could have done much better in the memory departement, memory can run at 1250 at stock clocks last I saw, finding a motherboard that'll handle this is another issues in itself, but the domitor 1066 would have been a much better choice.
-32-bit windows will only support 3.5GB of ram, you may want to look into 64-bit, however there is much less support for the 64-bit operating system.
-Something else this build lacks is surround sound and/or headset, the G7 gaming mouse and the G15 gaming keyboard.
-By the way there is very little support for that physics card, only 2 games have done the needed coding for it to date.
-Last but not least, it's going to be VERY tight fitting all that in there, I don't believe there'll be enough room for the physics, 2x 8800, your network card and sound card, remember the 8800 has a dual slot cooler and one of those will probably have to go because of lack of room. I'm curious is this will fit, please let me know if it will.
-Nice to see you choose blu-ray, to bad to see you choose a monitor without HDCP support. I'm sorry to say that you'll be unable to view Blu-ray content due to copyright issues. That monitor is awful, no HDCP support, low contrast ratio, remember your graphics will only look as good as the monitor can portray them (low contrast ratio). If you want a gaming computer, you have to have the 27" dell monitor or else two monitors side by side. Not to mention that monitor has no speakers, how are you going to hear audio?
Overall, not a bad build, just a few things that need adjustments I think (cough OS cough) hope he enjoys it :whistling:
James

P.S Remember to take pictures, I want to see this build, I'm sure many others here do as well.

Edited by james_8970, 30 March 2007 - 11:33 PM.