Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAR CRC ERROR!

• Please log in to reply

adidasman100

adidasman100

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i've tried to download some things with compressed .rar files and of course i tired to use winrar to open it but everytime i try to extract these files to the desktop i get these crc files and a "Sorry, Try Again" type of message in the diagnostics in rar ive tried to dl different versions of winrar also tried another rar opener and i get the same ... i am desperate here any help i would gladly appreciate!!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
give me an example of a rar file your trying to open?

adidasman100

adidasman100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
like the quark install and setup straight from the site, or adobe illustrator straight from site i get same response crc error....

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you having any other problems with your system?

adidasman100

adidasman100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
no its weird and now i am also getting i/o installation error when i try to install software...i had formatted my pc and reinstalled all my drivers and with a clean slate i had recieved both errors so i am confused...before all this i had gotten a trojan and had reformatted everything and now it seems with a clean slate i am having more trouble than i have ever had ...

anyway this is really getting irritating since i am a graphic design major and i can't use my software without getting these problems... any help asap is so much appreciated