Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu usage 100% need help

• Please log in to reply

nightmareus

nightmareus

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
When I play World of Warcraft the game gets very laggy and makes the computer very laggy, so I ctrl+alt+del and see that computer usage is at 100% I dont know why its like this, I even bought another stick of ram 512mb which totals my ram up to 1gb of ram and I still get usage sproblems so can anyone help me solve this constant and annoying problemc

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
When you run other applications do you get the same sort of problem or is it only with the game? Have you run this game before on this computer not having problems? Have you added any programs or hardware lately after which the game slowed down? We need more information about the system. More specifically: Type and speed of cpu, memory availability on the video card (is it an on-board one, using system ram or is it an add-on with it's on memory. How much memory do you have on the add-on card if you have one). What is the size oh your hard disk and how much space is free.

It night be that your system is simply under-rated for this game (about which I know nothing) or it might be something else. We need more information.