Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mysterious vista update?

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
last night, aprrox. 10 PM i got an automatic download notification from windows which had many various software fixes in Vista, including a new driver for my video card (BFG 7900 GT) including DirectX 10.0. it took approx. 30 minutes to install and i was very pleased to see all the new features. however this morning i tried to find the update for my notebook... and it has not prompted me, nor can i find any record of it on the windows website or searching via google or yahoo. anybody else know anything about this latest patch?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You almost certainly don't have a 7900GT on your notebook, this most likely explains why it hasn't offered the update on there. Vista updates automatically download drivers that are compatible with your system, therefore if it hasn't offered it, it won't work anyway.

lpchris85

lpchris85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
yes i figured the problem out, it was an automatic update that had been applied the night before, i just didnt think to check is all.