Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pchealth

• Please log in to reply

TerryL

TerryL

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
In the 'pchealth' directory in Windows I have found a sub-directory 'datacoll' with various files called "CollectedData_nnn". There are lots of them and they're taking up lots of space.

Can I get rid of these files, and do I need/want 'pchealth' on my PC.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

Terry

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
No, you should not delete anything within that folder or the folder itself. That is related to Help and Support Center.

TerryL

TerryL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Many thanks for the prompt reply - you people are brilliant - I'll leave things alone.

There are almost four-month's worth of XML documents in DataColl dating from 07/12/06 - do they get deleted on a rolling basis?

Thanks once again - what would we do without you all.

Terry

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Description of Windows XP System Information (Msinfo32.exe) Tool

System History

System Information in Windows XP provides a new view of changes to the computer. Rather than a separate history view for each category as was shown in Windows 98, Windows XP enables you to view all changes to the computer since a certain date, and time.

The history information is provided in the same three main categories that were provided in the Standard view: Hardware Resources, Components and Software Environment. History Information is provided by WMI, and is stored in the Extensible Markup Language (XML) data files located in Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Datacoll.