Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Trying to find new Freeware Cookie Management Program

• Please log in to reply

Curious D

Curious D

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi. I have been using IE Privacy Keeper for a couple of years now and it hasn't been updated since 2005. It was integrated to IE and Firefox so that when I closed either program, it would flush out the cookies and temporary internet files with a "secure" delete. I really like this program, but I don't think it's working with IE7 and Firefox as well since I'm noticing previous log in status when I restart IE7 or Firefox. Thus, I'm looking for a new program that does the same function. I have CrapCleaner which does almost everything that IE Privacy Keeper does, but I'm wondering if anyone knew of a freeware real time cookie manager program? I would like to be able to have the program clear any new cookies and temporary internet files when I leave a website while being able to keep the cookies I want. Thanks.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Cookies are useful, they do no damage to a computer.
Temporary Internet files also do no damage to a computer.

Anyway, both IE7 and Firefox have built-in cookie support, if you must get rid of them.
In IE7, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete button under Browsing History.
In Firefox 2, go to Tools -> Privacy -> the Private Data section.