Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video/Music/Games not working on IE7

• Please log in to reply

Killi

Killi

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
For a few days now IE7 has no tbeen able to play any videos, music or load any games.
Was wondering if anyone had a cure.
Even when using standalone WMP/Realplayer/etc. it doesn't feed.

Havn't installed anythig lately that might have stopped it from working.
I can't test it on Firefox either becasue IE7 is also not allowing me to dl anything from the browser :blink:

Thanks
Help Needed :whistling:
Killi xx

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You could try reverting to IE6 by uninstalling IE7 (Add-Remove Programs). Windows will automatically return to IE6 when IE7 has been removed and you reboot. Hopefully IE6 will then at least allow you to download stuff including a copy of firefox. IE6 may also be fully functional where IE7 was not, but if that is not the case you can now try firefox instead. Despite the fact that IE7 has many improvements over IE6 (most notably tabbed browsing), I know many people who have ignored the upgrade and still prefer Firefox which has always had tabbed browsing, and they only use IE for those websites which require ActiveX such as Windows Update. IE6 is just as good as IE7 for that purpose.

Edited by pip22, 30 March 2007 - 05:32 AM.