Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with vista & Microsoft Picture it DIP

• Please log in to reply

CATZ

CATZ

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have just become the proud or maybe not so proud owner of a new laptop. On it is Windows Vista Basic and its been going 'ok' in the 24 hours I have used it ....

BUT I have now been trying to instal old faithful DIGITAL IMAGE PRO MICROSOFT PICTURE IT issue 7! I love it, so user friendly for quick jobs despite owning photoshop etc ....

anyway first it wouldn't let me do the full install - saying that there is a particular file missing so I opted for thr typical install where you have to run the disc if you want to access any extras - WELL when i went to access the extras via the gallery which goes to the disc it just crashed and shut the program down?

Is there a patch or something I can download to help sort this out I dont really want to have to go out and buy new software.

Thanks in advance
Amanda

Advertisements

Impy

Impy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Have you tried intalling the program with compatibility wizard?
1.Click Help and support button on start menu
2.Type compatible in the search box
3.Select number 9 in the results
4.Click to open the Program Compatibility Wizard link
5.Wizard starts click Next button
6.Choose second radio buttone CD rom option :whistling:

The wizard will give you an option to install whatever is in the CDrom drive
hope this helps
kind regards
impy

CATZ

CATZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I will give this a try THANKYOU so much.