Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Conexant HD Audio

• Please log in to reply

synonymous

synonymous

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,
I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite P105-S6217 laptop computer, which came with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. I toyed around with Vista for a week (had never used it before) and felt that it was just a resource hog, I mean, I can get the same look in XP by installing Windowblinds. So I took Vista off by formatting my hard drive, and installed XP Pro (the speed boost and batter life boost were nice). I have everything working fine right now, except for my sound. My sound card in Vista was listed as 'Conexant HD Audio' in the device manager. Everest Home Edition (love that program) has my sound card listed as:
Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller

I am having a very difficult time getting my sound to work. I have installed the drivers that came on my recovery discs, and the card is listed as 'Conexant HD Audio' in device manager now, but no matter what I try, what I download, I just can't get it working. The only sound I do have at the moment is the system's internal speaker.

Can anyone help me out here? I would just go to the Toshiba website and download my drivers, but Toshiba doesn't support XP on their newer machines. They've made a total switch to Vista.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can find drivers at the toshiba canada website.

http://209.167.114.3.../ln_byModel.asp

SRX660

synonymous

synonymous

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
My model isn't listed on that website, so I tried the audio driver for the PSPADC-MA605C, the driver installed just fine as do all other audio drivers I find for this card, but still no sound. This is very puzzling to me, as I've never ran into a problem like this before.

synonymous

synonymous

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I fixed it, with an unlikely solution. I ran CCleaner, did a scan of the registry, removed all of the invalid entries, and my sound returned.

Sorry for the double post, but you can close this thread now if you want.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Thank you for your reply on the fix. That is something i would not have thought of. I have been looking for a correct answer but was not finding much on the problem.

SRX660