Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer infected with trojan,Am I safe?

• Please log in to reply

SomeoneHelp

SomeoneHelp

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello to all,
I have spywizard full protection,which I thought would keep me safe,but I now beleive its a peice of crap.

I have been affected with a trojan,that tried to get me to buy their security system.Luckily I had heard about this before,
so I did a search on google,and found that it was a trojan,and that people had been ripped off before.

Well I hurried up last night and bought AVG Full security system,and did a search,and it found 200+ trojans,spyware ETC.
On my computer,but I fell asleep before it could finish,so I did not get to take any further actions.According to the test report,it deleted 90+ of the viruses found,and put the rest in a virus vault,whatever that means.

However I am still popups for anti virus software,and I dont know if its from Microsoft explorer or just another Trojan.
I have a program "Spywarelocked 3.2" on my computer now,that I have never heard of,but its now on my toolbar.I keep
getting bubble message about securitiy issues.I also have a pop up as we speak for www.winantivirus.com. I am hoping
that AVG antivirus will keep me safe,but I dont know if it keeps you safe at all times,or if its only when you turn on your computer and it does a scan.I also was getting alot of popups,and this morning I have still had a few,even with the AVG
Software(which I had never had before).

As of now,I dont know if I still have something on my computer or not,or if this Spywarelocked 3.2 is safe or if I should
uninstall it.I dont know how safe I am,and I dont know what to do.Any ideas? Should I uninstall spywarelocked?
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

Kabicha

Kabicha

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Spywarelocked 3.2??? this is not Really good idea :whistling:
this program is a Trojan :blink: So you have a really big problems :help:

Look : SpywareLocked is a rogue Anti-Spyware application. SpywareLocked shows fake SystemAlert pop-up in windows toolbar. After clicking this message a Trojan installs a trial version of SpywareLocked and shows fake scan results, that your computer is infected. SpywareLocked then informs that you must buy must buy the full version, to remove all infected files. Trying to remove SpywareLocked simpky by using “Add/Remove programs control panel entry” may halt or crash your system, but it is advised to remove this parasite as quickly as you can.

more info on this page: http://www.411-spywa...-spywarelocked/

Hope it will help you :help:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi SomeoneHelp
Welcome to Geeks To Go You requested Advice and Keith a Very Good Technician Here Answered and Advised you to go to the Malware forum where you will receive the Excellent Help to Clean your Computer up and Keep it Safe so Please Follow this Advice Thank You and Good Luck

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
You didn't mention anything about a firewall. Get one (other than the windows firewall).....

http://www.majorgeek..._Free_d388.html

http://www.majorgeek...Free_d3356.html