Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000 Question

• Please log in to reply

kerryness

kerryness

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I've searched and I couldn't find anything....so any help is very welcomed.

Recently my HTML attachments stopped working. The pop-up box still comes up, but when I select "open" it takes me to C:\WINDOWS\system32. It used to open the web page. When I click "save to disk" the save box pops up, but when I choose where to save it, I get the error message "Outlook cannot save the URL to a file. Path does not exist. Make sure the path is correct."

I can, however, right click on the image of the HTML attachment (the IE explorer icon) and select "save as" from there. It then lets me save the document, and I can open it that way.

Another issue is I can't actually open these emails. I can only view them in the preview pane in Outlook. The error I get when I try to open the email is "Can't open this item. Can't create file: PR_ENTRY_REPORT.HTML" (the file name of the html document). I can open all other emails, and all other attachments...just not html attachments.

Please help! I use HTML attachments every day for my job and it's really aggrivating. Our IT department hasn't been able to resolve the problem, I've searched the internet for three days and found the same issue (only twice though) but no one ever responds...I'm at my wits end!

I'm using Outlook 2000, on a network (exchange server), and IE 6. It is set as my default browser.

Advertisements