Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop up window with applet

• Please log in to reply

promoter

promoter

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I want to add virtual tours to a website. I'd like the viewer to be able to click on an icon and have a window pop up with an IPX file that is the virtual tour, that automatically starts playing. I have the applet code, I'm just not sure where to put it.

<applet 
code="IpixViewer.class" name="IpixViewer" 
width="320" height="240" align="middle" 
archive="IpixViewer.jar" id="IpixViewer">
		<param name="url" value="great-room.ipx" />
		<param name="toolbar" value="off" />
		<param name="initfov" value="0" />
		<param name="spinspeed" value="2" />
		<param name="spinstyle" value="flat" />
	  </applet>

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I've certainly seen it done. Just some javascript with window open but the window has to have a name so that it will load with the correct file as well as the applet. There's tons of free javascript other there, just Google till you find what you want.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
<script type="text/javascript">
 function pop(url,name)
{
	newwindow=window.open(url,name,'height=240,width=320,left=100,top=100,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=yes');
	if (window.focus) {
		newwindow.focus();
	}
	return false;
}
</script>

You might have to tweak the height= and the width= but that should be all you need to do. Just put that in between the <head></head> tags. The used something like this to open the window

<a href="http://www.example.com/pop.html" onclick="return pop('http://www.example.com/pop.html','Pop page');" >Open me</a>

I would still put the href="" in just in case the person does not have JavaScript enabled.

Michael