Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dvd rom/cd-rw doesnt show in mycomputer

• Please log in to reply

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hi there ive just bought a new hard drive and installed it all then after about a week of it running great my dvd drive dissapeared from mycomputer. it is in the device manager with a yellow ! next to it. i have tryed uninstalling it and reinstalling with no luck. i have tried to update but it says its up-to-date. i am really stuck on what to do to fix this problem!!

oh and i have tried changing the drive to a different one as i have three, and they all do the same thing! Plz HELP!!!

mike

Advertisements

paddyt

paddyt

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
What channel is it on? Try putting it on its won IDE channel if it's not already) or swapping it with the hard drive. Also if you are using cable select try selecting master (if its on its own channel).

Paddy

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
yer its on its own ide cable. so is my hard drive. does it matter if i swap them over because i thought the hard drive had to be on the blue ide cable port thingy lol sorry for being dumb

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
aha!!! finally i did it. not quite sure what i did lol. i went into my registry like microsoft told me 2 then deleted lowerfilters, erm then i went to device manager and diabled it, then re enabled it and it now works hehe thanks for you quick reply and help!!!! :tazz:

paddyt

paddyt

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
I don't think I did anything, but glad to hear it's working.

Paddy

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Thanks for reporting how you fixed it

Rick