Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Delete Home Network

• Please log in to reply

Barbara W

Barbara W

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have tried to set up a home network using my home desktop and my work laptop. I've decided I probably shouldn't do that and am trying to delete the network. How can I get all portions of it off both machines ? I had run the network setup wizard on both machines and enabled file sharing on several folders. I have now disabled the file sharing, but do not know how to eliminate the network. I have xp on both machines. Thanks, Barbara

Update : I did a system restore on my desktop and it appears to have removed it, but I tried 3 different restore checkpoints on the laptop and it says that it can't restore because there were no changes. So that portion of the home network is still there. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Edited by Barbara W, 30 March 2007 - 11:13 PM.

Advertisements