Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

April Fools Day!

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Tell us all about your past (or present) April Fools tricks.

When I was a child (2nd eldest of six) we lived on a farm and for quite a while the 'dunny' (toilet) was an outside job with a hole. My father had a daily routine of sitting on the dunny reading yesterday's paper for about an hour every morning which meant we were always late for school. Every year on April Fools day one of us would race up to the dunny and yell out that the house was on fire ... and every year my Dad would come racing out of the Dunny and when he realised the house wasn't on fire and we'd say "April Fool" he'd clip whoever did it on the back of the head! My mum told us years later that we really did catch him every year and that she loved it!

Advertisements

bartosz

bartosz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
lol... how could you fall for that, EVERY YEAR??? Too easy!

I didn't do anything this April 1st, I prefer to strike when they least expect it. For my flatmate's birthday, I stayed up with a friend and taped the entire door over with parcel tape, so when he opened the door next morning (knackered!), he was pretty surprised to say the least. It took him a while to cut his way through, as it was too tough to simply burst through. Not malicious, but pretty funny! Took quite a bit of stealthy work!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i haven't done any april fools jokes in quite some time...mainly because i can't keep my days straight and usually remember it around the 4th or so....but back in my prime "foolin" days...me and a couple of my friends broke into school and set up some "foam machines" (you know the kinds that can fill a room with soap bubbles?) in the building and wired them to some timers so that they'd start up at about 6:00 or so in the morning...when everyone got to school they wouldn't let us in because there was foam overflowing through all the outside doors and windows...everyone but the cops and the principle thought it was funny...