Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Uninstall Usenext program

• Please log in to reply

UKCamaroSS

UKCamaroSS

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi,

I downloaded a trial version of UseNext (P2P software)... I no longer wish to use this program and have tried to find a way to uninstall, but I can't find a way.

Using Start, all programs, usenext... there is no uninstall option.

Using Start, Control panel, add or remove programs, UseNext.... I click remove and receive the following message:
File "C:\Program Files\UseNeXT\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall. :whistling:

Any idea's as to how I can get rid of this program?

Thanks,
UKCamaroSS

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
I am researching your problem. You may have to go to the malware section for help in removal, but here is what I found so far.
Not much help!

Incomplete uninstaller, otherwise pretty good.

08-Mar-2007 06:45:37 PM
Reviewer: infaile

Pros: Simple interface ***** Decent download speed ***** Nice tabbed browsing ***** Mind you, I only used it for about two hours, was searching for a specific file, so this isn't a thorough review.

Cons: Two separate username/password combos for the same service (one for the software, one for the website) - both randomly generated, thus hard to remember. ***** Welcome e-mails aren't as clear as they could be re: the order in which you get all your access information and when you can begin to download or even connect to the server. ***** INCOMPLETE UNINSTALLER - I presume this program hooks into the registry somehow and I haven't worked out which entry it is yet, but the program cannot be uninstalled automatically (from Add/Remove Programs), nor can you run it manually by opening the uninstall exe - it says that a .dat file is missing.

trancematic

trancematic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thought i would search through Google for all the people having a hard time unistalling this horrid program Usenext.

So here is the solution...

Download this.........

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Run through the install then click on the usenext program you want to unistall,when its done it will find registry keys so delete them also,reboot..................Sorted..

Edited by trancematic, 28 August 2008 - 03:23 PM.