Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wanting so far deleted files not to be revovered

• Please log in to reply

nurujem

nurujem

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i have deleted many files and i have empited them from the recycle bin.my fear is
that if some one use undeleting tools he might recover the files which i have deleted and i don't like that.please tell me what i have to do because i do not want my files to be recovered by some undelete tools.please know that i am not talking about shredder.because shredder utilities are useful for the files i will delete in the future.but what i want is to make my deleted files not to be revovered by some undelete tools.

Advertisements

azreal

azreal

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
if you dont want to use the harddisk anymore, you can use a magnes from another harddisk, and that will do a good job.

you can redo a LowFormat, depenting on what company the drive is from you can do a LowFormat. Some you can use there diognostic tools to do this. it writes only ZERO's to the HHD and if you re do it many times it should become more perminant.

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

You just try to Delete appilications form the "Add Remove Programs" Menu. This can't be recovered.

azreal

azreal

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
they actualy can with the right recovery program. part of the thing i do is recovering data on HHD and that include removed software amongst other things.