Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Gaming problems...

• Please log in to reply

gamerunknown

gamerunknown

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm having some difficulty getting anything at all to work on my hard drive. My specs are pretty poor, but I should still be able to run the applications that I'm trying to.

Most of my downloaded games are excluded because GameGuard just wont let them run. It will let them download patches, but when I try to play the game, it just makes it seize up. I don't even get the dreaded 411.

I just downloaded CSS too and that wouldn't work either. It just goes to latency 1008 and crashes whenever I try to join a server.

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
are these games illegally downloaded? if so, here at Geeks to Go we cannot help you

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Where did you download your game at?

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
if you downloaded CSS directly from 'Steam' then it is okay, if it is an illegal copy, that is why it will not work. 'Steam' is required to play it

Edited by tiroshii, 31 March 2007 - 01:59 PM.

gamerunknown

gamerunknown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I gots Steam, bought it with birthday money <.<

The other games I downloaded are free ones, like Maple Story (Still in beta for European games), Flyff, Eternal Lands, Silkroad and *checks* Knight Online.

The only games I can play at the moment are CSS (Got it working) Puzzle Pirates, WoW and Runescape. I'm not playing WoW or RS because they're too addictive (If I paid for membership again for either, I'd be totally hooked). I would play the trial though, if I could keep playing with the account I already made.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
maple story has a bunch of good info regarding "game guard". http://www.maplesea..../gameguard.aspx