Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU problem

• Please log in to reply

secal

secal

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I'm new here and I have a problem with my system's cpu. I already msconfigered all the startups that are unnecessary and for some reason , my computer boots up reallly slow and after maybe about 40 minutes use, my CPU for some reason goes unstably up to 65%-100%. I have checked task manager but have not seen anything that is taking up major space, annd I do not have norton as well. Is there any way that this problem can be solved?

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
When you said you "Misconfigured" your CPU could you give us a few more details?
What antivirus, antispyware, and any other security software do you have running?

secal

secal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have AVG antispyware and zonealarm firewall.

when I msconfigered it, I meant that I only set up a few programs for startup such as:Firefox, AIM,Avg,HP digital imaging,Microsoft office,and something called plscd.exe.

Malcolm59uk

Malcolm59uk

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
If you Google plscd.exe there is a lot of information how to remove this - as it is malware of sorts.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Read this;

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Required steps before posting your log.

Then post a HJT log here;

Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here