Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd burning

• Please log in to reply

fish33

fish33

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
have mpegs videos(media player) downloaded to desktop which i always burned to CD-R discs but just purchased some DVD-R discs and wanted to burn the same type files but my computer does not seem to process these,after i insert nothing happens,i have a dell dimension xps 4600 with a dvd disc player & a DVD-RW as well , can someone reply on what may be the solution, do i need to purchase dvd-rw discs or is there software i can download to upgrade my system, appreciate the help,thanks

Advertisements

s2tgrave

s2tgrave

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
- are you sure you have a dvd-writer? because you can't write dvd's with a cd-writer, neither with a dvd-player.
- if you have a dvd-writer, what kind of dvd does it support to burn? dvd+r/w or dvd-r/w or both "+ and -"? if it only supports dvd+r/w you can't burn dvd-r/w.