Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Access dropping to Local Access

• Please log in to reply

dragonblue1519

dragonblue1519

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Okay Windows Vista has been driving me nuts the past few days. Lately I would connect to my Linksys Wireless-G Router (WRT54G Model) just fine using either my Wireless Card (built in) or the direct LAN connection. Now when I connect, it takes longer to identify the network and now its only giving me Local Access with no internet. Yet my roommates can connect to it just fine and both are using XP and Vista. If I did get Internet access, it would randomly drop down to Local Access. Even manually rebooting the Laptop and the Router, also the modem to, I'm still getting only Local Access (this includes both wireless and lan connections), and I'm the administrator for the router. Also my roommates still connect just fine to this point even with all the restarts.

Any ideas?

Edited by dragonblue1519, 01 April 2007 - 10:14 AM.

Advertisements

dragonblue1519

dragonblue1519

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Anyone?

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
i think its a vista problem..... i have a hmm 8 day old dell inspiron e1505 and a netgear WG614 and i have the same problems.... i called dell the second day after i got the computer complaining about this problem and all they can do is a clean install... with still the same problems... i posted here too. and me and you have no replys...

dragonblue1519

dragonblue1519

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ya I'm doing that right now as well, System Recovery with the default factory settings being reinstalled. Waiting to see if it works and if it does, I'm getting all the latest drivers and updates first thing to make sure of no future issues with former problems.

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
http://www.daniweb.c...hread73818.html

???