Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton AntiVirus - UnInstall

• Please log in to reply

ashfrog

ashfrog

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I recently let my Norton Anti-Virus Program lapse therefore bought the updated version and downloaded it - 2007 Edition. Prior to letting me install the program it told me I must first uninstall previous version of Norton before installing. Following instructions - I went to Add/Remove Programs and proceeded to uninstall the previous version. It appeared to work fine. After a restart I went to install the new version. During the process an error comes up saying I still have a previous version of the program installed and will not let me install no matter what I do (granted, I'm just a user and no expert)? I also have experienced problems with other programs:

i.e.:
1. System Restore Program comes up Blank when opening. No options...Nothing? Just a blank Menu screen. (in Safe-Mode as well)
2. My Roxio CD Burning Program comes up error when opening.
3. I cannot stream radio or any broadcasts from Internet Browsers (firefox or explorer) to WMP?

I'm sure when I unistalled Norton, it deleted files I needed for other programs, but I don't know how to fix. Any help would be appreciated?

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool