Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media Player issue

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
In Windows Media Player 10, the library view does not refresh automatically if I add or delete songs. I have to click on something else (eg: Now Playing, Rip, etc) and then back on library to see the changes.

I know this is not normal behavior since the library refreshes automatically on other computers I have seen.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
use the f5 key to refresh,

hmm... or this:
ormatting a device may not remove the device category from your library
If you format a device, either in My Computer or by clicking the Format storage media button in the Items to Sync pane (the left side of Sync), all data is erased from the device. However, if a partnership existed between the Player and the formatted device, the device category may remain in the Contents pane in your library. The device category is created in the Contents pane when you synchronize content to a device for the first time. The category name is the same as the device name and the subcategories are the playlists that you selected to be synchronized.

If you connect the formatted device to your computer at a later time, Windows Media Player starts the Device Setup Wizard, which helps you set up automatic or manual synchronization between the Player and the device. A new device category will be created in the Contents pane when you synchronize content to the device under this new partnership. If duplicate device category names appear in the Contents pane, either rename the device or delete the old device category.

To rename the device, do the following:

On the Tools menu, click Options.
On the Devices tab, click the portable device in the Devices list, and then click Properties.
On the Synchronize tab, in the Device name box, enter a new name for the device.
Refresh the Contents pane by clicking another feature tab in the Player (such as Now Playing), and then clicking Library.
The new device name category is displayed in the Contents pane.

To delete a device name category, do the following:

In the Contents pane, right-click the device name category that you want to delete, and then click Delete.

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Hi Starjax,

Thanks for your reply!

A few days ago I did the automatic update to wmp 11 to test it out. I liked it, but decided to go back to wmp 10 nonetheless, and when I did the rollback the refresh problem was gone. I guess it was a corrupt file somewhere that was fixed during rollback.