Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

download

• Please log in to reply

Iluvbutterflies

Iluvbutterflies

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My question is this, I had to have my computer reloaded with a new drive because of virus and then my c drive couldn't be removed from my computer, so it's still there but not connected. When i try to download Realarcade it will go to my f drive but when i try to reload a game i had it will say i don't have enough room on my drive and that's because it is reading the c drive that's no longer connected. Any suggestions? :whistling:

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Hi! And Welcome to Geeks to Go! I hope that you will take a little time to investigate all the resources here.
I am somewhat confused about your system configuration. When you say that the old (C:\) drive is not connected, do you mean that it is actually without a cable that goes to the motherboard? Does the old drive show in "My Computer?" Why could the old drive not be physically taken out of the machine?

Iluvbutterflies

Iluvbutterflies

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you. Correct it's not connected to the motherboard and yes it shows in my computer. It was attached to the inside of my tower and the repr person didn;t want to bend it so we left it.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I am even more confused. If it is not physically attached by a data cable to the mother board, then how does it show up in "my computer"?

Iluvbutterflies

Iluvbutterflies

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So you are saying it is still attached? I'll say this it only has space 4.40mb and the size is 7.35mb.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
I think that it is important to get a better understanding of your system's configuration. There are several excellent "Info" programs. I very much like SIW (System Information-Windows) It is free, and requires no installation. When you download it, save it to your preferred location. Once saved, just double click the green SIW logo, and more information than you know what to do with will become availble quite quickly. In the left-hand panel, scroll down to hardware, and then click the + in front of "Devices." Do the same for the now visible "Disc Drives." What is showing there? A click on an item in the left-hand panel will present everything that SIW can find out about it in the right-hand panel. Feel free to examine any information you want in SIW. It makes no changes, only reports what it finds.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/siw.html