Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp freezes or crashes after bout 30 sec

• Please log in to reply

all froze up

all froze up

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having problems with windows crashing or freezing after about 30 seconds after it loads. It was running fine all day on 4-1-07 then after i rebooted it it would either freeze up or crash n reload. I was running ntune from nvidia prior to this happening. I have seen some other topics on windows crashing but it happens so soon into the bootup i cant get into any of it;s programs. I am thinking i probably will have to clear my harddrive and reinstall my whole system as i havent got a backup. This is my first computer build and i am not the most computer literate person out there :whistling: Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter in regards to fixing this problem or on how to clear my harddrive. Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
The first thing I would do is check and make sure it isn't overheating. Then I would check the connections. I would also boot with the XP CD to the Recovery Console and run chkdsk /r to rule out any corruption.

How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP