Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death/Dr. Watson error

• Please log in to reply

Victor Creed

Victor Creed

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Sometimes when I'm shutting down my machine I get the blue screen of death. Then it automatically just starts rebooting again. So once I come back from this error, I get the "report error" gig. I get to the point where I view the technical aspect and here's what I receive as the problems:
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc0b9.dir00\Mini040207-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc0b9.dir00\sysdata.xml

Now I don't know what that's about I check the online thing and it didn't give much help. The problem is rare comes and goes. I don't know if that ties into my machine bogging down for no reason the processor says it's usage is 100 percent but none of the programs I see are being used. Also I don't know if that also effects the Dr. Watson error I get sometimes in regard to having windows open like my documents, etc etc. May be malware or something else but spysweeper, ad-aware, and/or spybot have not brought anything up.

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Your report references a "Temp" file. Since this is sporatic, perhaps it has to do with on-line activity? Do you occaisionally play an online game that makes a temp file? I would try using ATF Cleaner: http://www.majorgeek...aner_d4949.html It is a very effective temp file remover. I run it just before shut down. Quite quick. It offers to clean cookies and prefetch, both of which I do not select. Since I use Opera, it empties its disc cache when it closes, saving only the cookies I want. There was no Google for "WERc0b9.dir00." To be sure that you are not hosting malware, follow the instructions at: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html If you do need to post a HJT log, please do so in the malware section of the forum. You will get specially trained help from the anti-malware staff.