Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e107 install on server

• Please log in to reply

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Hi everyne, i am abit of novice with PHP, i am trying to install e107 content manger on a server for someone, i have put all the files up on the server, and followed numerous instructions,

BUT

when i try to get on the install.php page i the the following code errors

Warning: main(./e107_handlers/e107_class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/5/d174053460/htdocs/tekcraft/farms/pages/backend/install.php on line 107

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './e107_handlers/e107_class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/5/d174053460/htdocs/tekcraft/farms/pages/backend/install.php on line 107

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: e107 in /homepages/5/d174053460/htdocs/tekcraft/farms/pages/backend/install.php on line 110

does any of this make any sence to anyone??

Thanks

Glen

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Makes a lot of sense to me.

There should be a folder called e107_handlers which is in the pages folder. And inside e107_handlers there should be a file called e107_class.php but it is not there.
That explains the first two errors, and the third is because it failed to call a class that does not exit because the file was not included.

So can you make sure the file is in the right folder?

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
I've been using e107 for some time and it appears that you have either uploaded the files into the wrong location or you have not uploaded all of the files correctly.

This happens, so just try uploading again.

:whistling:

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I have sorted the problem, i use a PHP SDK i made for websites. The problem is that it calls files different to the way e107 works. i can install it ok to the root, (struggling with settings, but thats just acase of hunting 1and1 for the server addresses)

thanks for your help.