Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Personalising Accounts in XP

• Please log in to reply

simon_shaft

simon_shaft

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
When I created more than one account in XP, the preference are often shared with the other users (for example, I prefer to use this antivirus but the other person prefers that; but when I uncheck one, the other user will also hav the same effect). So, did anyone knows how do I fix this? Im on SP 2 btw

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with system programs such as antivirus software...you can't make this decision per user....it's a system wide decision...

if this is your personal home computer...then you need to decide which AV program to use...if this is a company computer...then your company needs an AV policy to controll this decision...boils down to: whoever owns the computer decides which AV to use

simon_shaft

simon_shaft

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
And there's no software that helps me to do it?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no...and...honestly there's no reason to do it

simon_shaft

simon_shaft

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip