Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to back up Address Book in Outlook

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I am currently using Outlook Express and I am thinking of moving up to Outlook. I can't seem to back up my Address Book in Outlook Express no matter how hard I try. Someone told me that it is easy to back it up in Outlook.
I have downloaded Outlook onto my computer, but I don't see how to back up the address book.

Could someone please explain to me?

Also, I will need to export all of my address book from Outlook Express to Outlook (I have many folders).
How do I do this? I don't understand the option menus in "export/import"/

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
1. On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Address Book.
2. Click Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book, and then click Export.
3. When the addresses are exported and you receive a confirmation message, click OK, and then click Close.

Do the opposite for Outlook. Import, open the .PAB file you just exported and your done.

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I tried it but ran into a snag...

When I go to file and click on Export....the window that comes up has no options (i.e. address book). The only option is "Text File (Comma Seperated Values)". I did not click on export for this message...not knowing what it would do.

What now??

Tim