Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battery issue with Dell C600/C500

• Please log in to reply

Trevshand

Trevshand

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell C600/C500 PP01L. The battery stopped holding a charge, so we bought a new battery. This battery won't charge. It's not that it won't hold a charge, it just won't charge. I was told this is an issue with the mother board and I need to replace it. Does this sound corrrect? If not, what else can it be? I can run the computer just fine while it is plugged in...well as fine as a Dell gets. :whistling:

Trevor Shand
[email protected]

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
yep probably the motherboard. some laptops have seperate power boards but not all.... This could be a very expensive fix.... typical motherboards for laptops run $200-$500 US from what I've seen. Dell would probably be in the low to mid range of that but still expensive... then you would still need to pay to have it put in.... probably a 2 hour or so job.... depending on how familiar the tech is with that particular laptop.... you might be able to get an exact model on ebay that is being sold as parts to save money but you still have the labor....

It's possible that a specialty shop ( Batteries Plus here ) MIGHT have something that could charge the battery without be in the computer but couldn't say for sure....