Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Corel Photo downloader, Corel Photo Printer 6

• Please log in to reply

geneveve2

geneveve2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Corel PHoto Downloader, Corel Photo Shop 6, and Corel Paint Shop Pro X all came with a trial on my Dell Computer. The trial is long gone but recently I have been trying to add pictures to a Printmaster program I have and this Corel thing won't let me. I tried removing Corel Paint Shop Pro X and a blue box came up and said, "Windows installer"-"Preparing to remove"
This box stays for a minute then another blue box comes up entitiled, "Add or Remove Programs" and reads, "This patch packet could not be opened. Verify that the patch packet exists and that you can access it, or contact the vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer patch packet."
(Whatever that means) I then went to Corel and tried adding the trial version, thinking perhaps then I could remove it but the same error occured after waiting for the thing to download.
After trying to remove Corel Photo Album 6, I encountered: The Windows Installer box for a minute then, the same Add Remove Program box with error as beforementioned.
My kodak program is not working properly. My word program is not working properly because I can not add pics to my projects. I do not have the disk to reinstall Corel. I rarely used it when I had the trial and just really want it gone so I can make my first grandbaby's birth announcements with a picture in it using my old Printmaster CD.
This corel program seems to be messing everything up but I need some assistance with removing it. I appreciate your help.
I am not interested in buying this and hate being forced to only to find it doesn't work anyway.
Note: I have been here before and you have been great. Please (if you can help) go slow and easy on me, I am not a geek or pretend to be...ha!
Gen2

Advertisements