Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Play in Winamp" and "Enqueue in Winamp" not worki

• Please log in to reply

pebaker2

pebaker2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Here's an interesting problem with my new machine: the functions "Play in Winamp" and "Enqueue in Winamp" do not ALWAYS work on my new pc that has Vista Home Premium. I say ALWAYS because some folders will enqueue, some wont.

I am using the latest version of Winamp (5.33) so I can't imagine it being a compatibility issue.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What result do you get if you move a file from a folder which doesn't enqueue to a folder which does

pebaker2

pebaker2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
It seems to work fine with the video files...but I only have the sample movies that came with Windows and one other video, so I don't think that I have a very representative sample. Also you can't enqueue movies. *shrug*

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you create a new folder and move one file which will enqueue and one which won't in to it then try them from there, to see if it is the files or the folders

Did it ever enqueue on this PC

pebaker2

pebaker2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
When I copied the folders over to the new folder they would then enqueue. I went a step further and replaced the files that I copied to the new folder back into the old folder and they again would not enqueue. Does that mean that its a problem with the folder? Ive never heard of that happening before.

also, the file never enqueued on this pc (which by the way is my PC1 [see signature]).

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Odd

Use the new folder unless it is a problem

Is enqueue the only problem with the PC?

pebaker2

pebaker2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
The new folder works (I created it on the desktop), but when I move it back to the folder where it is supposed to go it still wont work. About 3/4ths of the folders in my music folder will enqueue but that 1/4 wont. Its mysterious.